MDA has four core values, which have been the foundation of our success. They are:
1. Value creation
MDA strives to create valuable and long-lasting relationships with (all) of our stakeholders; ranging from our clients, our staff members and external partners, to project beneficiaries, and to the society at large.
This core value has been embraced over the last decade through offering our clients direct and honest alternatives to meet their ever-changing performance needs.
In order to provide our clients with the best, we strive to work with the best: our internal staff members and our external experts grow through all phases of project implementation, from inception and planning through final delivery of end-products and services. MDA facilitates this growth by aspiring to work with innovative and value-adding people, and by providing incentives for hard work and achieved results.
Our efforts to create a leading management consultancy have proven successful in that continual investments by our shareholders have resulted in valuable returns and the ability to invest in expanding MDA and our services.
At MDA, we believe that our internal successes should translate into better serving the community at large. We firmly adhere to our obligations as good corporate citizens in the countries in which we operate.
Serving a wide-range of clientele from private sector companies, donor organizations, government agencies and members of civil society it is of utmost importance to MDA and our staff to be an a-political consulting firm with high integrity dealing with our stakekeholders.
All stakeholders are important to us and we will serve them with integrity, independence, respect, objectivity and professionalism. We will keep our outset promises.
We treat all confidential information that is not public knowledge appropriately, taking reasonable steps to prevent it from being accessed by unauthorized people. We do not take advantage of proprietary or privileged information without previous permission from the owners of that information.
We strongly believe in the value of open communication and close co-operation with all of our stakeholders.
We offer our clients and other collaborators an open door policy in identifying areas for improvement and we nurture our staff´s ability to share personal networks.
MDA has established a respectful and open working environment where co-workers have the freedom to show individual initiative and creativity while still fulfilling responsibilities to ensure efficient and timely project implementation. An atmosphere of hierarchy and rigid roles is not the work environment we embrace; every staff member lends a helping hand where needed at all phases of project implementation.
As a multinational company that serves clientele of differing nationalities and backgrounds, e.g. various races, religious beliefs, genders and age groups, MDA has established itself as a versatile company with the flexibility and understanding to work successfully with a wide spectrum of stakeholders and their varying needs.
We also aim to increase our internal diversity through continuing to attract and retain coworkers with different backgrounds. We do this in order to facilitate our contribution to an open society without discrimination and also because we are convinced that MDA will be an even more successful company this way.
All MDA members pledge in writing to abide by MDA’s Code of Ethics. Their adherence to the following Code signifies voluntary assumption of self-discipline:
Commitment to Coworkers
1. Working together with my colleagues to establish clear goals and expectations.
2. Providing opportunities to form new ideas generated by effective teams.
3. Taking responsibility for the group.
Commitment to Clients
4. Serving clients with integrity, competence, independence, objectivity, and professionalism.
5. Mutually establishing with clients realistic expectations of the benefits and results of our services.
6. Accepting assignments for which we possess the requisite experience and competence to perform and will only assign staff or engage colleagues with the knowledge and expertise needed to serve our clients effectively.
7. Treating appropriately all confidential client information that is not public knowledge, taking reasonable steps to prevent it from access by unauthorized people, and not taking advantage of proprietary or privileged information without the client’s permission.
Commitment to Fiscal Integrity
8. Agreeing in advance with a client on the basis for fees and expenses and will charge fees that are reasonable and commensurate with the services delivered and the responsibility accepted.
9. Not accepting commissions, remuneration, or other benefits from a third party in connection with the recommendations to a client without that client’s prior knowledge and consent.
Commitment to the Public and the Profession
10. If within the scope of my engagement, we will report to appropriate authorities within or external to the client organization any occurrences of malfeasance, dangerous behavior, or illegal activities.
11. We will respect the rights of consulting colleagues and consulting firms and will not use their proprietary information or methodologies without permission.
12. We will represent the profession with integrity and professionalism in our relations with our clients, colleagues, and the general public.
13. We will not advertise our services in a deceptive manner nor misrepresent or denigrate individual consulting practitioners, consulting firms, or the consulting profession.
14. If we perceive a violation of the Code, we will report it to the MDA Quality Assurance Department and will promote adherence to the Code by other member consultants working on our behalf.